Wednesday 3 July 2013

A Weekend Away

I am 37 years old and have lived in the UK all that time and never until Friday visited Scotland.

I was supposed to go a few years back, unfortunately the afternoon before I was due to fly I had a nasty accident involving a kerb. I broke my knee and spent weeks in plaster ankle to groin. On crutches and totally unable to fly.

So I was delighted to be invited to wedding up near Sterling.

It was such a lovely day, and great to meet The Chap's extended family who were all so friendly.

The castle was fairy tale.

The decoration was just beautiful.


I felt so smart in my new super cheap coat.

The hat was a loaner from my Mum.

I wore a dress that was bought years ago from Monsoon in better times.

We travelled up by car, putting the miles onto TC's company vehicle, which is also cheaper as it is diesel. 600 miles on one tank at £70.

Going to a wedding is never cheap, but your travel and outfit shouldn't have to break the bank.

Frugally yours
Abigail
X
 

3 comments:

  1. I went to a wedding at Stirling Castle many, many years ago, very nice. We stayed in a local pub for B & B and once the doors closed at 10pm, had a private party to which came the local police!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time. You look lovely fab hat!x

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail