Sunday 27 January 2013

Just What I Needed..

Woke up this morning, did not feel good.

Actually I cried and called NHS Direct. They booked me an emergency appointment at my local cottage hospital.

GP says I have another chest infection. An hour after walking through the door, I walked out with a prescription.

A quick stop at the pharmacy, £7.65 on the antibiotics.

An hour and a half later I am currently lying on the sofa drinking tea The Chap has made me and watching DVDs.

Feel lousy, but the free healthcare in the UK is wonderful. Remember it is Sunday all this happened.

Frugally yours
Abigail
X

5 comments:

  1. Funny enough I have just said something similar to a friend. People may moan about the NHS, but it is always there for emergencies and personally I have always had mostly good experiences. I hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get well soon, there seems to be a lot of this around. J's girlfriend currently has something similar although she hasn't been to the doctors yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snap! Ive got a chest infection too and on day 3 of antibiotics.
    Its rubbish but hopefully we will feeling much better very soon!
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've been sounding 'run down' for a few weeks, this cold weather really takes it's toll on your immune system. Maybe think about looking at ways to boost your immune system on the internet and helping yourself to get better. Hugs and best wishes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments, and if you are feeling ill too then I hope you feel better soon (Amanda!). Not great today, but at least I know that I have started the course of antibiotics.

    This time of year is dreadful for coming down with something, if not a chest infection then a cold or the norovirus.

    I am going to look into ways of boosting my immune system, but for the moment I am drinking a lot of fruit smoothies.

    I suppose not having had a break for a quite a while and the stress of moving was bound to catch up with me soon.
    Abigail
    x

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail