Wednesday 15 August 2012

Those Irritating Jobs, Or How To Loose A Lunch Hour.

Hello and Welcome to my 2(!) new followers - Ronniie and Justine. Thanks so much for visiting! x

Another No Spend Day Today, which pleases me, but I worry that by not spending today, I am just accumulating all the things I do need to one big spend day, probably on Pay Day.

TC and I are now only just over 2 weeks away from our Holiday and we both are very much looking forward to the break. We plan to do nothing, but lie by the pool drinking rum and and soaking up the rays. We are self catering (keeping the cost down) in his parent's holiday home in Spain. As both of our parents own holiday homes in Espana, it invariably led to a 'discussion' on which one we should use (free of charge of course). He won..... this time.

I started my list today of things I need to purchase before we go, so far it includes sun tan lotion, cold remedies (the dangers of air travel noted from our previous trip in April when The Chap was poorly) some new foundation, razors and after sun. I think that is £40 of lotions and potions.

I do not know if it just me, but the holiday planning has very much fallen in my direction, with TC's contribution consisting of "Yes ok then" in answer to the following questions:-

"Shall we go away in September?" "Are these dates good for you?" etc

I then booked the flights and today arranged our holiday insurance (for couples it was cheaper), booked the car in to the car park, ordered the EHIC cards and sorted out the dates we need to check in by. Does everyone else find that men are generally ignorant / not bothered by such 'minor details'?

Actually, I do not mind sorting out as TC has a very important job often working late and at least I know it is done in plenty of time if I do it.

I also today rang up my local Housing Association to resolve some issues on my street. I own my own home, but 75% are HA managed and I have to pay a service charge to them to pay my share of any repairs and grounds maintenance. To ensure this money was spent effectively I then joined the Committee, and normally spend 1-2 hours per week moaning on the phone or doing paperwork or arranging gardening ...well you get the idea.

Today it was about the broken stone retention wall. The words "health and safety issue" were banded around loftily by myself and "danger to residents / kids" as I tend to find they lead to more immediate results.

Phew.... and by then my lunch hour had drifted past in a whirl of irritating small and time consuming chores.

If you want a job doing properly, ask a woman!

.....And relax!

Frugally yours
Abigail
x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Abigail,

    Thanks for the welcome much appreciated. Thanks for writing such an enjoyable relevant blog.

    Ronniie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronniie. Visitors who take the time to comment are always appreciated.
      Abigail
      x

      Delete
  2. Hi Abigail, just a thought - do you have any Boots Advantage Card points stored up? You could put those towards your holiday bits and bobs, freeing up some cash :)

    Best Wishes
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home bargains. B&m. Poundland and wilkinsons are cheap for suncreams etc. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my mum suggested there. But I will be posting more on this later today.
      Thanks
      Abigail
      x

      Delete
    2. A really good idea, I checked and currently have enough points for a bag of cotton wool balls....:o( I guess not popping in there every few days like I used to has reduced my use of my card and thus my points.

      Delete
  4. Aldi do sun spray for a very good price (factor 30 I think)

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail