Thursday 2 August 2012

August's Debt Repayment

Firstly - Hello and Welcome to my new follower - Mabel and Maisy. I am so delighted to meet you!

Well that time of the month again today, Pay Day.

Normally I get really excited about Pay Day, not today. I seems like I have 5 fishes to feed 5000. Mind you I suppose we do know how that turned out! :o)

Salary was waiting for me first thing this morning and I started as I normally do by putting £300 into savings ready for my holiday next month, the car MOT and the next bloody utility bill. Savings are still dangerously low and i do not like it.

I then transferred £68 to my mother. Partly to pay for the window cleaners and partly to repay some cash I owed from earlier in July (mum's interest rate of 0% is always appreciated).

After then paying my flat service charge, allowing for petrol and a few other adhoc expenses. It leaves me £122 for August. To cover food and any fun I want to have..... what bloody fun could I have with £122 less food??? Answers on a postcard.

:o(

DEBT REPAYMENT

Credit Card 1     Was: £0.00     Paid: £0.00    New Balance: £0.00
Credit Card 2     Was: £232.71  Paid:£32.00   New Balance: £200.71
Overdraft          Was: £300.00   Paid: £0.00    New Balance: £300.00
Car Loan           Was: £0.00     Paid: £0.00    New Balance: £0.00 


Starting Debt in January - £1990.80
Debt By the End of July - £532.71
Debt Paid This Month - £32.00
New Total Debt - £500.71
Percentage of Debt Paid August – 1.6%
Percentage Paid to Date – 74.84%


Still a long way to go, but for a time this month I did think I would have to use my credit card again after about 3 years to make ends meet. So I suppose I am paying it off little by little.

Frugally yours
Abigail
x

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear you can still pay a little off each month. Quietly quietly catchy monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog. I'd just like to say well done! I'll be watching with interest.

    M
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs M.
      Thank you for your kind words!
      Abigail x

      Delete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail