Wednesday 29 August 2012

An Update....Ok Ok A Confession.

Sorry for the radio silence, time just got away with me I suppose.

Thursday I did not feel I had anything relevent to say. Friday, I had no food waste, and I rarely blog over a weekend. Tuesday I was working until late and suddenly here we are and it is Wednesday. Must try harder!

Hope you are keeping well, As per usual this weekend was filled with running around. I took Friday afternoon off work to have my new washing machine delivered.


Isn't it beautiful. It is a Daewoo (I thought they did cars, but hey what do I know?) I now realise how broken the old machine was as I hear my new one whisper it's way to clean clothes. Loving the display too which states how many minutes until the cycle is complete.

Saturday I hitched a lift with my parents to my nephew's 4th birthday party down near London for the day. An early pick up at 8am and M seemed delighted with the Spiderman alarm clock, Spiderman 'colour me' poster set and spiderman back pack. We then had his party at 3pm which was.....superhero themed. Really wish I could show you the pics, but it does not seem right to put up photos of of kids without parental permission. (Oh, to live in past innocent times). Needless to say everyone came dressed as either batman or spiderman. Noticing a theme here?

However, I wish I could look you in the eye and say it was a Low Spend long weekend.

I have been thinking long and hard about whether to admit to the following. But, I think on blogs, honesty is all too important and I find so many frugal blogs are about reducing what you pay for things or never spending again. They all live happy thrifty lives making do and mending never being 'bad' in anyway financially.

Well, that is not the case for me. Sometimes, I just muck up. It has been a long time since I did, but I do think I should admit it.

NEWSFLASH****I AM NOT PERFECT***

A brief recap.

At the end of July my debt stood at £500.71 (£200.71 on a credit card and £300 overdraft). Well today my total debt stands at £887.70 (£487.70 across 2 credit cards and my overdraft is now £400.

I bought my new washing machine on a credit card - £249.99, paid for a meal for The Chap and I on the credit card £37 and then increased my overdraft so I could get my hair cut and buy some new foundation for my holiday etc etc.

Bugger...
Total debt increased by £386.99.

I am pissed off about the £137 on hair do, make up and fripperies, but cannot find it to be upset about the washing machine. Everyone, after all, does need clean clothes.

However, tomorrow is Pay Day and I should have a lump sum of a considerable amount coming in commission to have a hard go at it. So please think before criticising me and watch this space.

Frugally (and ashamedly) yours
Abigail
x



4 comments:

  1. Realising such things just goes to show how aware you now are of spending money. Don't beat yourself up about it. It hurts to be honest sometimes. The most important thing is to be honest and true to yourself. Your credit will come down again soon and hopefully, be gone eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Dont feel bad none of us are perfect. Sometimes I am better than other times & other times I vere from the path. You will get there x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont beat yourself up, I am very frugal and even I have blips but the good thing is you are aware of it and can get back onto it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot tell you how much this encouragement means.
    I am so lucky to find readers who encourage rather than criticise.
    Most humbly, thanks you!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail