Thursday 9 August 2012

44p!

Last night, I faced my fear..

I tried a 44p chicken kiev from the Tesco Everyday value range. Whilst I have bought from this range before I have never tried this product expecting it to be pretty nasty for that price.


It comes in a pack of 2 for 88p.

It was about 5 inches by 4 inches in size and looked fine. Lots of breadcrumbs.

25 minutes in a hot oven, and I coupled it with half a pack of couscous and some peas.

It made such a tasty dinner. Lots of chicken, probably reformulated but tasty and the garlic sauce was delicious. It also turned to a golden brown during baking, which makes it look so much more appetising.

Will definitely be buying it again, and for that price I am sure it will be gracing my table every month.

Frugally yours
Abigail
x


3 comments:

  1. They sound yummy - nom nom! I am a bit cautious about trying supermarket budget items but most of the time they are a winner. In fact, I'm a bit embarrassed when people come round and see in my fridge. It is awash with value products. But if they taste just as good....

    M
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I get a bit embarrassed too, though we shouldn't should we?

      Delete
    2. If something is cheaper and tastes just as good, why waste money by paying for fancy packaging? It gives me a buzz knowing I've saved myself money and giving the shops less.

      Delete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail