Friday 27 April 2012

Food Waste Friday


FoodWasteFriday
I am intrinsically tight about a lot of things. I will not pay for tomato sauces for pizza / pasta etc. I make it. Now I cannot bear to pay for bread. I bake it. I do my own ironing and wash my own car.

So throwing food away really sits badly with me.

Because I was away for 4 days over last weekend, I had to chuck some mashed potato and leeks that has been cooked on the Thursday evening before we went and lay forgotten in a quiet corner of the fridge in that most furtive of camoflage gear - a clear tupperware box.

I forgot to take a picture I am afraid, there was about 1 portion of each.

This kind of food waste is the most irritating, as I could have simply placed it in the freezer for another evening.

As I live in a flat, I cannot even compost it. Just money in the bin. :o(

The last of my birthday treats are happening in the next couple of day. Tonight The Chap and I are being taken out to dinner by my parents and tomorrow morning my mummy and I are going material shopping in Birmingham - the fancy silk store . 4 floors of material. I walk in and normally just start dribbling as I want everything.

Mum, normally treats us to a drink and Krispy Kreme and then we wander our way home.

Is there anything better than a day spent with your mum shopping? Bliss!

However, I am hoping not to spend a penny as my last present is some material she is going to buy me to make a bag.

I will blog about the wrap dress over the weekend, as it is well on its way to being finished.

Frugally yours
Abigail
x
P.S. Has anyone noticed their emailed updates of posts have stopped arriving from me?


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love fabric stores also. Everything is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, your email notifications are coming into my gmail as per normal.

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail