Monday 19 March 2012

Letter To An Unknown Friend.

Dear Sir / Madam

I know you want to keep your anonimity.

However, sometimes I believe the right thing to do under these circumstances is to share your benevolence with the universe.

What you did was absolutely the right thing to do. When you felt the bump and heard the crunch, sure the conservative action would have been to get out of your car and survey the damage then leave a note with your insurance details if you could not contact me. Besides I would have been tricky to track down, with it being our secure office car park.
But who wants to do that? Travel the road less travelled friend. Get back in your car and get out of there. Don't worry about me.

I have loads of money, and paying the excess on my insurance is no problem. It is the price of packet of tic tacs to me, dear one. I am rolling in dosh and I am happy to clean up after you. That is of course why I write a thrifty blog..

Infact I think it makes me a better person to do so. So Friend, Thank you. £1500 of damage to body work and chassis is nothing for You to worry about. I am grateful, really I am as just having paid off the car this month, you wrecking the passenger side just makes me more proud to own in. You made it unique...bespoke really.
Besides the passenger side, phuff I will not even see the damage.

I am grateful too, as your kind actions enabled me to make new friend today as I spoke with my insurance company. And who doesn't love a call centre at 8pm on a Monday night?? Really friend, you are kindness personified. I hope one day I get to shake your hand.

I just want to leave you with this little prayer of thanks... especially for you "May your children be strong and kind, may your garden flower, and your ears turn green and fall off"
Frugally yours
Abigail
x
P.S. I was going to post part 2 of the wrap dress, maybe another evening when I have calmed down.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no Abigail, that is awful. What a terrible thing to just drive off - what a **** (fill in name as appropriate).

    I hope karma comes and bites them very hard on the bum.

    Could it be someone from work? Can you play detective and try and track them down?
    Thinking of you and hope it gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky. I was furious yesterday, but today I have calmed down a bit.
      I have investigated today, but I think it was a visitor and even if I did have a suspicion. I cannot prove anything.
      Life sucks sometimes!! :o)

      Delete
  2. Same comment here. Thought your response was very apt. If it is a secure office car park (and we obviously don't know how big it is), could you walk around and look at people's cars. If the impact was that great, it would have marked theirs. If you find their damaged car (metal/bumper) take a photograph and give it to the police.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a look, but no luck :o(
      Even if I did, I cannot prove anything in a car park with 60 or so cars.
      Just been an expensive time and the savings are taking a battering.

      Delete
  3. Good day! It was so fantastic to visit this personal blog and especially to read this article. And there is one thing that I would like to ask you. How do you feel about guest blogging?

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail