Thursday 9 February 2012

Hobbies Help

Evening!I am feeling a lot more hopeful and positive today. Thank goodness, I was a bit down in the mouth yesterday wasn't I? To tell the truth I had some rather worried family after yestersdays post.

It is best to concentrate on the positive and one of those is is my current project
Yes, I am making a dress for work.

Actually it is a little further forward than this picture would suggest. I do not really enjoy dresmaking, but the amazing sense of satisfaction I get from finishing and wearing what I make, well I feel proud and I do not get that feeling from work.

Actually, I am not bad at dressmaking, I have...ahem....won a couple of first prizes locally. The last dress which won was this.

I think having a hobby is really important, to retain your sanity and identity. TO create something makes you feel proud of yourself. I do not get much pride from my work in recent times.

Anyhoo the wrap around dress should be complete in the next couple of weeks. I will blog about it again then and show you the finished article.

I have completely used up my £5 budget today for this week. But have enough to get me through until the end of tomorrow i.e. drinks etc.

I believe it snowing most places, well not currently in Staffordshire. Darn it! Fancied having tomorrow off "snowed in" cough cough.

I hope Visitor you are safe and warm if it is snowing near you. I am and well that is more important than being a little skint isn't it?

Frugally yours
Abigail
x

2 comments:

  1. My post tomorrow, Saturday, is linking to your blog, hope you get some more readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Frugal In Norfolk
    How incredibly kind and generous of you to do that for little old me. I appreciate it.
    If there is anything I can do for you, pls just ask.
    Sending you lots of virtual hugs!
    Abigail
    x

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading all comments. So please tell me what you think. Abigail